Wool is a natural fibre from sheep, wool is also renewable and sustainable. Some benefits of wool carpet are as follows:
- All wool carpets will have a natural soft luxurious feel.
- Wool has a unique fibre structure that is strong and usually hard wearing. It provides natural protection to help resist staining and soiling.
- Wool carpet will absorb noise. This will create a quiet indoor environment as it absorbs sound such as noise produced from footsteps.
- Due to Wool’s insulating properties it will provide a thermal indoor environment which will keep your home cool in summer and warm in winter.
- This is a natural, luxurious, long lasting material that is the softest carpet fibre you can find.
Wool for years has been the preferred classic natural fibre of many businesses around Australia. Wool’s ability to resist tracking or that flattening effect along with hard wearing capabilities has put wool at the forefront of carpet manufacturing for years.
Most Carpet manufactures in Australia would use Wool from countries such as New Zealand, England and Scotland. This is because there wool is of a coarser grade and therefore will give you a more durable fibre for new floor covering.